Monday, July 17, 2017

Week 72: ER, Teaching Jun Jun & Chicken Feet



Life has been… supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. That is the word for when you don’t have anything to say, isn’t it? Been bit of an emotional roller coaster this week with busy days, working as hard as we can and finding out people hate me. Its fine, I'm after quality not quantity in any case.

We did our best to start the week on a good note but ended up in the hospital. Yup, exactly a year after I was confined for 4 days in a hospital I spent the night in an ER… but I was on the floor… not in the sick bed. Honestly that was terrifying. My companion got sick- we are still not sure what it was- but we had to take her to the ER. So, the first time in about a year and a half that I stayed up past 10:30 and it was wild! I'm kidding, but now everything is all good.  

We also ate chicken feet this week which actually was incredibly tasty. Sister Hicks could not finish one foot but I ate 4 of them and would have eaten more if we had more, all I'm going to say about that is: it was sanitary, and it was tasty.

We spent a good portion of this week walking around trying to meet people, a few people running away, and some spiritual moments. Jun Jun and his girlfriend Girly are the ones who don’t run away. We have been teaching Girly for a few weeks (she was almost baptized when she lived in Manila a few years ago) and her boyfriend joined us this last lesson and boy did they have questions!! Jun Jun wanted to know about authority and priesthood and literally one of his questions was: “So let me get this straight, if I'm baptized then I could baptize our daughter when she gets old enough?” “How will I recognize if I get an answer from God if this is all true?” and “When does church start?” So we are hoping they will start to progress, Jun Jun just has to try and get work off Sundays but they have the desire, they have an understanding, and they feel the spirit. It was really fun, when Jun Jun asked about recognizing the spirit we showed him a few bible verses and a few from the Book of Mormon. After he read them he paused before saying, “That’s true.”

And you know what? It is.

From the sister trying her best,


Sister Eldredge


Chicken Feet (and Head) Before Being Cooked...



...and AFTER!  YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment