Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 71: Rolling With the Punches



Not much I really want to talk about this week, as I allowed myself to stress myself into being sick, but I’m all good now. Life is tough and sometimes we get a sucker as compensation and sometimes we get a sucker punch. Depends on how Life is feeling. I just didn’t dodge the punch. But Life has got a weak arm so I'm back on my feet and ready to place a few punches of my own. Funny story of the week:

We have a bowl outside for the cat (that is supposed to stay outside) and I went to put food in the bowl and its dark, you can't really see the contents of the bowl (an old ice cream tub) so when I picked it up I was not expecting something to jump out. I ‘quickly’ put the bowl down (ie I threw it) and went back inside to do my ‘very upset dance.’ Which is not attractive. I then went inside to tell my companion I will now be officially excused from give-the-cat-food duties, she couldn’t believe that within 4 weeks I had two encounters with a rat (for that is what I believed it to be) so she went outside and turned on the light. AND IT HAD RETURNED… but it was not a rat. It was a GIANT toad that apparently enjoyed bathing in food. So no it was not a rat, it was a toad. But it was a very big toad.

That is basically this week. The area is still small, but we are doing our best to focus on the moments. “Moments are the molecules that make up eternity.” Dieter F. Uchtdorf and I believe that is true. I WANT to be 100% busy going from appointment to appointment and really giving it my all and collapse from exhaustion after a good full day, but the Lord is teaching me to still have a full day even if it means not a jam packed schedule.

The work is progressing and that is truly what matters.
From the sister who is giving it her all,


Sister Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment